I thought I would share a quick and easy DIY way to add color to your room! I’ve been searching for a way to add a pop of color in my craft-room that also brings a little bit of me into the room, and I think I found the solution!
These fabric panels are an easy solution to create drama or add a bit of color to brighten any room . And the best part is that you do it yourself with your favorite fabric!
Here’s what you need to get started:
- Stretched Canvas (11×14 or your size choice)
- Heavy Duty Staple Gun
- Fabric ( I used fat quarters)
(Note: I found the stretched canvas on Amazon: I’m also an affiliate at Amazon so click here if you want to buy the canvas pack. If you’re interested in any of the fabrics shown here you can find them in my Spoonflower shop.
- Create your template – I traced the stretched canvas onto the paper and then added 1 1/2″ border to use as the pattern for cutting my fabric.
- Cut out each fabric piece you want to use so that you’re ready to staple the panels in place.
3. Center you fabric over the front of the stretched canvas and staple the fabric in place near the existing staples. I placed a staple on the right-hand side and then placed a staple on the left-hand side. After securing the sides I focused on the top and bottom, rotating the staple placements so that the fabric was taught to provide a smooth look. (DO NOT STAPLE THE CORNERS YET.)
4. I left the corners for last , because they are especially important to achieve a crisp and clean look.The fold is similar to a miter fold used in quilting. Once you create the W at the corner, fold one corner over and place a staple on the first fold and another after the second fold making sure not to staple on top of any staples and the fold is tight. It’s similar to a gift package.
5. Now you’re ready to hang them in place. Note: One nail with a large nail head works best for hanging the canvas. Center the nail and hang the canvas while using your finger to push the nail in closer to the wall. This will keep the canvas snug to the wall and create a polished look.
Stay tuned there’s more to come from LaCartera!