The Latest Thread – Design Challenge

This week my focus has been on the Spoonflower design challenge deadline. And need your VOTE! I gave 110%, but is an artist ever happy with the final design?  I ordered fabric swatches, painted new designs, bought myself a mother’s day gift and the grand baby reminded that I’m not as young as I used to be! So here’s the latest weekly thread…

Textiles, Textiles and Shopping

It was a little difficult selecting a textile design, and I almost attempted to create more designs, but the deadline was 10am on April 19th.  Here’s the design and fabric swatch “Secret Garden” I selected for the Kimono pattern design…

Secret Garden Design20160407_233348-ed

Textile – Vote

Please click on the photo below to vote for my design and other’s.  There are 700+ entries, so if you’re using a desktop or laptop computer you can find my entry on the page by selecting (CTRL+F) for the find option and typing LaCartera. This will save time and take you directly to my submission.

Thank you in advance for your VOTE!

Challenge

I’ll share the new fabric designs with you next week when I approve the swatches!

Shopping

I bought myself an early Mother’s Day gift from *Amazon! I’m so tired of the same old meals the same old way that I downloaded the Rachel Ray’s Big Orange Book “The ultimate collection of: 30 minute meals, vegetarian dinners, meals for one, kosher meals, holiday menus and much more!”

I admit that I need help and this give me a new twist on old favorites that will take me through summer into the new year!

(Note: Click on the photo below to view the *Amazon affiliate link.  I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.  This is how I keep my blog site free to you and continue to expand my brand.  I really appreciate if you use my links when/if you decide to make a purchase. Thank you!)

This little guy reminded me that I’m not as young as I used to be and somewhere I lost the ability to multitask!

lil sed

What’s coming this next week:

• New Textile Prints
  • Hit or Miss –
  • Helpful Sewing Tip – Sewing with vinyl

Stay tuned there’s more to come from LaCartera!

Advertisements

16 Comments Add yours

1. Very nice design Sheila, you will get my vote 😀
    Good luck.

1. lacartera says:

Irene, I really appreciate your kind words and your vote. Thank you! 💖

1. I’m sorry, but I can’t find you by your link and Ctrl+F and then write LaCartera. Can you pls. help?

2. lacartera says:

The find shortcut (pressing the ctrl and f key together )only works from a desktop computer. Maybe a Mac has different shortcut key I can look

3. I use a PC and write your name, but don’t get any results

4. lacartera says:

Use all lower case “lacartera” that should take you to my design.

5. I’m sorry, I just tried again.

6. lacartera says:

Thank you so much for voting! 😀

7. Sheila, I would love to vote, but I can’t find you in there.

8. lacartera says:

There are a lot of entries. I voted for myself and others.. but when I went back to my name it did take some time to find it again . Thanks for trying!

9. It is okay, I will try again. I tried to use the usual search place first and found several of your designs for sale. After that I tried to find you by Ctrl+F but no.

10. lacartera says:

It sounds like you’re using the wrong link. I’ll post the link here for you.

11. You don’t need to Sheila. I just scrolled very much and found you and voted now. Very good luck 😀

2. wowzers!!! so much talent I voted for you and a few others…so many beautiful fabrics had my head spinning 🙂

1. lacartera says:

Hahaha! I voted for a few others too. Thank you so much voting!

3. My vote is in!! Best of luck! I’m cheering for you!

I love to hear from you!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s